11/25/06

Diary of a Ute Fan


I don't really know what to say about today's game. Tara and I were there, and like 40,000 Ute fans I think we're still in shock. Utah did so many things right in the game, but there were still some glaring errors. Why did the Utes go into a prevent defense? As can be expected the only thing the defense did was prevent a Utah victory! John Beck must have had 15 seconds on the last play to find an open receiver. I think the Ute defense was a fundamental error in coaching. By not putting pressure on the QB, you're basically saying that you hope he makes a mistake or the receiver drops the ball. Rather than going for the win on your own, you're hoping that the other team makes the mistake to lose the game. I don't agree with that strategy! Play to win or don't play at all.

byu was supposed to blow us out today and we let them off the hook. I just hope that Kyle Wittingham goes Denny Green in an interview so we can have something to talk about. "We knew who they were when we took the field and we let them off the hook!"

3 comments:

miche said...

I knew you'd blog right away about this Jared. I'm still in shock too. I'm not a huge sports fanatic, but I do bleed red when it comes to U vs. BYU. Chappo is real sore that he can't wear his Utah tie to church tomorrow. Cool you got to see the game though - we wish we could have been there...

Anonymous said...

I haven't been that mad about a Ute loss since the men's b-ball team lost to Kentucky in the 'Big Dance' of '98. I hate to sound like a sore loser, but the Utes gave BYU that game. It was Utah's game to lose and, by golly, they did.

Angee said...

Tara, I thought I would see you in Badger Blue. :)