11/18/06

Diary of a Jazz Fan



Earlier tonight I received a call from Ian about an extra ticket to the Jazz/Suns game. When he told me that the tickets were on the 7th row it was a done deal. I've been interested in the Jazz all season. They've been playing great and it's fun to see the development of some of the young players. After watching the comeback win over the Suns tonight I've come up with a few observations.

1) Deron Williams is the man. This guy totally took over the game when the Jazz made their 4th quarter comeback. Chris Paul may have better stats, but Williams was the right fit for Utah.

2) Watching a game on the 7th row is amazing. I've sat that close at the Huntsman Center before, but this was the closest I've been at the DC. It's unbelievable to see how athletic the players are. It's even more incredible to see how athletic and crazy the Bear is. Watching him jump through a ring of fire and dunk the ball was pretty impressive.

3) Paul Millsap may just be the unsung hero of the Jazz bench. Sure other guys get more publicity, but Millsap does all the dirty work that energizes the team. He was fantastic tonight.

4) Halftime shows are usually pretty lame, but tonight we saw a woman who could contort her body into just about any position. She actually did a stunt where she shot an arrow with a bow using her legs! I couldn't believe it.

Maybe I'm easily impressed, but tonight was a great experience. The Jazz are back! The games are exciting and fun to attend. The crowd was loud and fun. Now if I can just Ian to invite me to a few more games....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could've gone to this one. Who would have thought a Sloan coached team would be leading the NBA in scoring? I'm not sure how much better Paul's stats are, but we may have the Brady vs. Manning argument(of course neither have played enough and Williams hasn't won enough, but you know what I mean). We could have a couple of All Stars that sat on our bench last year. It just still blows me away we played McLeod and Palacio last year. I would be happy if the Jazz signed Millsap to a 10 year deal right now. Andrei who? Yeah I'm a little pumped the Jazz won, well more than a little. How 'bout that Jazz!