It's been a little less than 24 hours and I still feel incredibly moved by the events of last evening. Few issues in this world attract my spirit like equal rights and fairness for all. As I watched the walls of the racial divide crack last night, I was overwhelmed with emotion. Seeing men and women from around world express their joy and being overcome with emotion is something I'll never forget. Hearing people whisper, "I never thought I would see the day when an African American could be elected President." Then watching the tears stream down their cheeks.
I'll admit - I couldn't keep the tears back either. This is more than an election, more than a vote - this is a movement, a chance for our country to validate that collectively, we can overcome the past and embrace our future. My friend Lisa had a great quote on her blog:
Rosa Sat
So Martin could Walk
So Obama could Run
So our children can Fly
Please watch the amazing interview with Colin Powell about his reaction to the Obama election.
1 comment:
Curious about "equal rights"?
DOes that mean you'd have voted for gay marriage in california?
Or, are some people more equal than others?
Post a Comment