11/13/08

What's Worse

What is the worst sound you could wake to at 3 am? Sirens, screams, alarms, all would horrify anyone as they come out of their slumber. I argue that the worst sound you can hear is vomitting followed quickly by crying.

For the second time this week Alex has thrown up. The first time he ralphed at my sister's house - sorry Alicia! Last night the pint sized puker lost it all over his bed. I don't know what the deal is, he doesn't have a fever, no other symptoms of illness - but he can vomit on cue this week.

Of course, it's even better when he throws up in the middle of the night. Tara was immediately thrown into damage control, as she stripped his bed and changed his jammies. Alex laid next to me in bed for a few minutes until we returned him to fresh sheets and the smell of Lysol. It's awful to clean up puke in the early AM.

The only thing Tara and I have seen as a commonality between the two "incidents" is that he ate Costco corn on both occassions. Hmmm! Curse you Costco and your inexpensive frozen vegetables!

2 comments:

miche said...

at least it was your kid, not your dog puking. I argue that cleaning up dog vomit all over the rug is much worse...

Liz said...

Puke is the worst! Sorry for you guys. And crappy on the costco corn. I love that corn...what a bummer!