Last Saturday I woke up early to go to the temple with the Youth. Today I woke up early to... Why did I wake up early today? I can't explain it, but I'm up. Maybe it's my body's revenge for a week of poor food choices, but I can't sleep. I've been awake for a couple of hours and there's only so much you can do before everyone else awakens.
I've been trying to catch up grading my college class this morning. I don't know why, but it's hard to grade a class that's purely online. There's an element of contact that I've missed with the students and I think they feel detached as well. When there's no human contact I find people tend to put things off and then they find themselves getting behind. Case in point, getting assignments in on time hasn't really been the students' strong suit this semester and I find myself taking longer to get materials back to them as a consequence. But, the semester is almost over so, like the students, it's time to buckle down and get everything finished.
I tried to grade all day yesterday, but life kept getting in the way. Tara, Alicia, my mom, and the kids all went to movies yesterday which left my dad and me home with Alex and Quinn. No big deal, each of the boys was taking a nap, so I should have plenty of time to work. Right? Wrong. Within minutes of the family leaving, Quinn woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. He wasn't really bad, just in need of attention. Then, Alex woke up and he was upset. He missed his mommy and that's all we heard about for the next 5 hours. Tears, tantrums, vomiting, and whining were all part of boys day home together. By the time Tara finally did get home, Alex and I were both DONE!
So, maybe it's a good thing I'm up early today - at least no one can interrupt me until after 7am.
No comments:
Post a Comment