11/2/08

Halloween Hangover


I'm still recovering from all the candy the kids got this year. What - you don't take a occasional dip into the treat bag?! I guess it's a good thing that it's fast sunday so I can let my body find some sense of normalcy. Despite my diet's objections, Halloween was a lot of fun this year.

Kennedy has always clued into this holiday as a favorite. She figured out pretty early that free candy is FREE CANDY! This year she paraded around the area in her fairy princess costume; proudly telling everyone she was Tinkerbell. I'm glad she finally had fun dressing up. For the past few years she hasn't really liked wearing a costume, but the drama queen has figured out that a Diva must bring her A game.

Alex didn't understand the whole idea of why he was being asked to wear green tights. But once he realized people gave you treat by looking cute, he was on board. We couldn't get him to wear his hat, and the play dagger didn't last long - but he certainly had a good night.

I can honestly say that I've never seen so much candy. Between the Trunk or Treat and Halloween night our kids have gallon bags full to the brim. I just hope the dentist doesn't read our blog...

BTW - This is the pumpkin of the year. Pumpkin Alex.

1 comment:

The Reading Armadillo said...

I loved seeing your kids at the Trunk-or-Treat. They were so cute!