11/15/08

My Big Week as Dad

I mentioned last week that Tara's annual church volleyball tournament is my big chance to step it up as "Daddy". I think things went pretty well. Sure, there were plenty of tears (most of them mine), a few screams (usually at bedtime), and lots of rules broken (also at bedtime).

It's been so much fun to hang out with Dede and Alex. Last night we ate tacos and chicken nuggets, before settling onto the couch for a good movie. The "Lizard of Oz" (according to Kennedy) was on and we really like watching this flick together. Even Alex watched a few minutes of the movie. He loved the horses and laughed at the munchkins. All night Kennedy kept asking if we could get a dog and name him "Toto."

Today Tara's tourney ended and my week of importance has come to an end as well. I love spending quality time with Kennedy and Alex. It seems like, too often, I leave for work before the kids are up and I get home just as they are going to bed. The past couple of weeks have reminded me how lucky I am to have such great kids. I just hope they will give me chance to stick around now that Mommy is back...

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a good daddy. I'm super glad to hear that you are making your kids watch the flicks like Wizard of Oz that we grew up with. Some kids don't even know what that is. What a shame. "Lizard of Oz" is also a hit at our home! I like the combo of tacos and chicken nuggets...boy doesn't the menu change with these little munchkins around!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

BOTH OF YOU ARE INCREDIBLE PARENTS... THAT'S VERY OBVIOUS. I AM SO EXCITED TO GET TO KNOW ALEX BETTER IN NURSERY!!!