Yesterday was our Stake Conference. Normally, that wouldn't be news enough to make the blog, but today our Stake Presidency was changed and so everyone was there. We arrived 5 minutes early and couldn't find parking. Once we got inside everything was fine and we found some seats with Alicia's family. The meeting was nice and the new Stake Presidency is a strong group of men. I will say that I'll miss President Ivory and his progressive approach to leadership in the Church. I think the new president will do a great job, I just hope he doesn't have an aversion to facial hair in bishoprics...
Lowlight of the Conference - the gym. It was packed to the hilt and everyone felt it. The room had to be in the 80's and by the end of the first speaker I was wiping my brow for the rest of the morning.
Highlight of the Conference - Q & A during Priesthood meeting. Elder Bruce D. Porter of the Seventy was the speaker and he addressed the subject of Priesthood keys and authority within the church. After a nice address he opened it up for questions, but I think he got more confessions than he wanted. Here's the best one by far:
Is a missionary allowed to marry people?
That generally isn't the case unless the missionary is given permission by his President or the local government.
I married 5 couples during my mission to the Indian Reservation.
Who gave you permission to do that?
Well, I prayed before I did anything.
Too classic.....
2 comments:
That guy marrying people really was one of the best comments in the world.
I could see you guys from where we were sitting. It definitely was so hot in that gym. Both of my kid's cheeks were flushed red from it being so hot when we left. We even arrived 20 minutes early, and we were still in the gym.
Hey Jared and Tara, I just started blogging...because of Emily T.
You're blogs are fun to read.
Post a Comment