I could talk even more about the game today, but I'd rather talk about a subject that's been on my mind lately - What the cougars and yankees have in common. Here are 5 things that make my list.History - Perhaps it's the fact that their best years are in the past, but each team has a sense that they are entitled to some type of respect due to their best seasons. 1984 was a great year for byu, but it was 23 years ago. I don't think we need to hear about that team anymore. I know that the yankees have won 26 championships, when was the last one? Enough said.
Honor Code - Both the cougs and the yanks feel that they meet a higher standard due to the length of their hair or the lack of facial hair on their chins. Let's forget about the fact that 1/2 of the guys that actually play are tatted up from head to toe. Say what you want about the honor code, the truth is that the best players have had a different standard throughout most of each team's history.
Money - Or sure you'll say that byu isn't rolling in the dough, but the facts are that they are a private school, they have a national following, and they recruit from a different base than any other Mountain West team. Does this sound like a team from the Bronx?
Superiority Complex - With the yankees all we ever heard about was the Curse. Oh, the Sox couldn't overcome their history and a trade that was made over 80 years ago. In recent history that curse doesn't seem to get brought up quite so often. Today the cougs started to pull out their own version of a curse. "We call it 'magic happens,"' Hall said. "Certain things happen to allow you to win games and I think that was definitely a magic play." I guess we should start calling Max Hall - Merlin, even if he was only 17 of 40 with an INT and no TD's. That's where the magic happens. But byu is very humble and grateful to have come out with a win.Last, they both suck! Perhaps not my strongest argument, but one that can't be overlooked. I would always rather lose a UTE/RED SOX, than win a cougar/yankee.
2 comments:
Let me get this straight, you don't like the Cougars or Yankees?
What is it with you and the color red?
And for the record, they both don't suck. Sorry, but that's shouldn't be your strongest argument because it the Cougars suck, the Utes suck even more. :)
So Jared . . . tell me how you REALLY feel???? :)
Post a Comment