11/3/07

5 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

Since I have 30 days to write about various topics, I thought today I'd mention 5 things most people probably don't know about me. Think of this as your chance to get up close and personal with me.

One of favorite movies (I'm really coming out of the closet on this one) is The Bridges of Madison County. I think it's one of the best love stories around. The lead characters aren't a young couple drawn together by lust, rather they are a pair deeply committed to one another after only a few short days together. The scene when Meryl Streep has her hand on the door latch and debates about jumping out of truck to run to Clint is so heart wrenching! Many people know that I like Clint Eastwood movies, but I'm sure you didn't know this was one of them.

Another hidden passion is Sex and the City reruns on TBS. I can't get enough of that show. I think it was one of the best written sitcoms that deal with real issues and some things that never get talked about on TV. Now remember I watch the edited versions on cable, so before you judge remember that it's TV-14 and not R.

I hate this habit but I still crack my knuckles. I know, it's gross and I wish I didn't do it, but I haven't been able to quit. If any of you have suggestions on how to stop let me know.

One of my favorite cereals is Quaker Oatmeal Squares. It's not one that most people have tried, and they're missing out. I tend to like more "grown up" cereals (ones that don't have marshmallows) and this is a hidden treat. I guess I should also fess up that Tara usually buys it at The Store That Cannot be Named becasue it costs half as much. It kills me that's where we get it from, but I need my Quaker Oatmeal Squares fix...

Every week I listen to Green Day American Idiot while I'm mowing the lawn. I know that they use some pretty adult language, but the riffs and lryics in this album are incredible. I think one of the best songs on the album is Whatshername. What a classic song about breaking up and moving on. The fact I listen to Green Day may not surprise most of you, but I thought you should know that I listen to more than U2.

So, there you go, I've opened myself up in the blog. I plan to share many more shocking revelations over the next 30 days so don't be surprised when I write about more of my hidden passions.

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh Jared, we are so much alike. No wonder I sometimes feel like you're my older brother who picks on me all the time. I also enjoy the bridges of madison county (almost made me cry at the end), I LOVE sex in the city and I will watch episodes over and over again and I really like that green day album, too.

How about that?

miche said...

Jared,
I've never seen Bridges of Madison County, but I can only imagine. Good for you to admitting you love it. And, I shouldn't be surprised about Sex and the City, but really? (don't worry - I don't judge - I like it too.) Wow, what a confessional list you came up with! Please just don't shop at the store not to be named anymore...

jfasioe said...

Did you cry in Bridges? That's what I want to know.

Anonymous said...

Fun blogs. Believe it or not, I have the Green Day CD that you describe and enjoy it as well. They are one of the few groups that still knows how to play good rock and roll. Lyrics are good, even unexpurgated. The tunes are superb as well. That album just keeps going and going. Haven't heard much from Green Day since, though, other than a cover of the old John Lennon "Working Class Hero."

Ah, brilliant minds think alike, especially when it comes to music.

the Hemper