About two months ago Ian called and asked me if I was interested in scorekeeping for the new minor league basketball team. It sounded like fun, and a little bit of extra money, so I agreed. Over the past month or so I've been trying to find out more particulars about the job, when they would need me and what I'd be doing. Each time the response came back that the head guy wanted me involved, but there weren't any specifics.
This leads to tonight. Ian told me that there was a intersquad scrimmage and when he asked the head guy about me, he said, "Sure, bring him." Not exactly a vote of confidence for me. Well, we just got back from Orem and I didn't do one thing during the two hour scrimmage. It appears that someone else had some friends and they ran the scoreboard, not me. Needless to say, after 10 mistakes from the scorer's table in the first half, I hope they reconsider and give me a chance to get in the game.
1 comment:
That would be my dream job. Can you get us some tickets? :)
Post a Comment