11/17/07

5 Places I'd Really Like to Go

Here's the latest installment in our list of 5 things. This week I thought I'd mention 5 places or events I'd really like to go to or see.

The new 7 wonders of the World: Rather than mention each of them as a separate place, it's easier to make them a collective location. If you haven't heard about the international vote that recently took place the 7 locations changed over the summer. They now include: The Great Wall of China, Chichen Itza, Machu Picchu, Christ the Redeemer, the Colosseum, Taj Mahal, and the Ancient City of Petra. It would be awesome to witness all of these incredible monuments and be a part of history.

MLB Parks: I would love to take a summer road trip and visit every park in Major League Baseball. It would mean seeing games for all 30 teams, in 27 cities and 2 countries. So far, I've seen games in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia. That means we've been to 2 of the best parks in baseball, Fenway Park and Wrigley Field. I know you may not believe it, but I even want to see Yankee Stadium.

Washington D.C: I am dying to see our Nation's capital. I want to see the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian, the Pentagon, the Washington Monument, and Gadsby's Tavern. I think that everyone needs to go to Washington at some point in their lives to soak in the history and learn about our country. The best part of this one is that I'm probably going to a conference in D.C. in 2009. Let's hope the Nationals are playing at home that week and I'll be even closer to my goal.

Alaska: There's something about Alaska that really intrigues me. Maybe it's the sheer size of the state. Maybe it's the location. Maybe it's the climate. I don't know. I just know that I will go to Alaska at some point in my life. I want to see the Northern Lights and experience a day without any light. Alaska is a land of mystery and I definitely want to see it.

The Summer Olympics: We got a little taste of what an Olympics is like back in 2002 and I want to see the summer games at some point. I don't even know when or where, but I think it would be amazing to watch the greatest athletes in the World compete for a couple of weeks. Ideally, I'd like to go when the games are in some exotic location, buy I'll go even if they were in Provo, Utah.

So, there's my new list. Some places weren't surprising, others may have been. What are your must see locations?

1 comment:

miche said...

Jared,
Do you remember in high school, you use to say that you wanted to name one of your kids Alaska? Maybe you still do... however, I'm glad you have Kennedy and Alex and that you want to GO to Alaska!