11/19/07

This Post Sucks

You know it's a slow blog day when you're posting about getting a new vacuum, but it's our first one in over ten years. Think of all the different things that have happened since we last bought a vacuum. The Red Sox won the World Series..twice, we elected George Bush...twice, and we had a child...twice. And through it all we used a Dirt Devil vacuum. I still remember when we bought it. I thought it was such an adult purchase. A home appliance that cost $150, who would have thought it.

This new vacuum isn't much to write about. I mean, come on, who really cares about a vacuum. I tried to do a little research, read a few reviews, and made sure I didn't buy it at Walmart. My only real criteria was that I didn't want to spend more than $150 dollars, but the closer to $100 the better.


My favorite part of the Bissell Momentum is Alex's reaction to it. He hates it. I think it's his nemesis. Anytime it's in the room he intentionally walks away from the Momentum. In fact, when we turn it on, he cries and runs out of the room. I guess it's a good thing we have hard wood floors throughout the upstairs.

Man, this post sucks.

2 comments:

chappo said...

Wow, 10 years is what we got from our $70 vacuum. This time we upgrade to the $200 vacuum hoping for 20 years!

jfasioe said...

I was thinking about blogging about my new receiver and how much better technology is now then 7 years ago when I bought the last one. But I thought that's a lame post. Then I read your blog. When a vaccum makes the blog not only is it a slow day, but as you said a lame post