11/18/07

Parenting 101

Yesterday we went to Tara's cabin to see all our her friends from college. Nothing much, just a BBQ with four families and 13 kids!! With so many children it was easy to spot similar phrases and parenting styles to ours. Here were some of the best lines in a day filled with parenting wisdom:

Don't throw dirt at your sister.

Get up, you're ok.

Is that dirt or deer poop?

Do you need to go potty?

You need to be nice to Rachel.

You can't eat on the carpet. Either sit down in the kitchen or you'll have to eat outside.

Did you know that Austin can open both outer doors?

Not IT!!

Do you need to go potty?

You're closer than I am.

It's your turn for this dirty diaper.

We don't say those kinds of things.

Alex, don't touch the stove.

Do you need to go potty?

Either go up or down. We can't keep climbing the ladder.

We need to put on jammas so we can go home.

No one is looking at your bobbies. You can change your shirt down here.

I thought you said you didn't need to go potty!


It was great to spend time with some of our best friends and it was even better to know we're not alone in Parenting 101.

3 comments:

Angee said...

Thanks for the laughs Jared and thanks for the fun. It's amazing how much of our thoughts get focused on the potty when we're parents. :)

jfasioe said...

I have always loved the 'we don't say those things' line, because we do say those things and that's why our kids do. The last line was the best. I can picture the disappointment and frustration in that line, I know it all too well

Patty said...

Very impressed you remembered all those one-liners Jared! However, I knew you would have something fun to say after watching us while you were holding Alex. How could you not stand back and just laugh at all that was going on in that cabin with 13 KIDS!

Now, why didn't we stay the night? :)