ABBA - Gold. I really like listening to a few of their songs. Dancing Queen has a great intro and a very catchy chorus. Take A Chance on Me is another classic and what can you say about Knowing Me, Knowing You.
Norah Jones - Come Away with Me. This is an album that carries one particular memory. Tara and I were in California during May 2003 trying to get pregnant. We were there for ten days in a rental car and we picked up this CD while still at the airport. I can't hear any of the songs without thinking of that trip and our attempt to get pregnant.
10,000 Maniacs - Our Time in Eden. This is certainly another nostalgic album. I remember riding around in Jeff's car listening to Candy Everyone Wants for hours. He couldn't get enough of that song and it still makes m smile to this day. Give em what they want...
Vince Guaraldi Trio - A lot of you are saying WHO? All I need to say is the Peanuts music and you'll know. I love listening to jazz and the songs associatied with Charlie Brown and Peanuts gang are so great to listen to. These are songs that take you back to childhood and innocence. Whether it's the Great Pumpkin Waltz or Christmas Time is Here I love listening to this CD.
John Denver - To those who know me well, this is no surprise. But I know that some of you are snickering to yourselves out there. I can't stand country music, and I'll argue that Denver technically isn't country, but I love his songs about a simple life and country living. Rocky Mountain High, Calypso, Eagle and the Hawk, and Flying for Me are some of my favorite songs and I never get tired of this good ol' country boy.So, there you have it. Maybe you know a little more about me by knowing some of the songs on my playlists. Were there are surprises?
2 comments:
"I can't hear any of the songs without thinking of that trip and our attempt to get pregnant."
Fantastic quote, my fave of the month. It goes great with the ten days in the rental car one as well. I guess you pull out Norah Jones instead of Barry White.
LOVE ABBA. I was just thinking the other day that I should download their hits off of itunes!
Post a Comment