Even though it was a very lean year for local elections, there was only two things to vote on for residents of Holladay, I was determined to get out and vote against school vouchers. I had a fairly limited window of time to vote before I had to go to Bishopric Meeting tonight. Of course, everything worked against me casting my ballot.Taking the bus home was another one of those kinds of bus trips. The bus arrived 15 minutes late and it seemed like every stop slowed our progress. I was about 5 minutes from the polling place when the bus inexplicably stoppped. It appears that a passenger boarded the bus and needed the driver to help him figure out his trip. Ninety percent of the drivers would tell this guy that it's his problem, but my driver stopped the bus, pulled out her schedules, and spent about 10 minutes helping the guy to find his way. I can't believe I'm complaining about a caring bus driver, but we were already late and we were getting later by the minute.
I ran into the elementary school and entered the polling room...and stood in a twenty person line. The lines were divided according to the alphabet A-M in one line, N-Z in the other. There was one person in the other line, as I stood and waited for my fellow A-M voters. About 15 minutes lated I finally got my voting card and cast my two votes. It may have been at the last moment, but I Voted!
3 comments:
Good for you. Why is it that only A-M people vote? My experience of the lines have always been that way, 20 people in A-M and 1-2 people in N-Z. Perhaps they need to do A-C and D-Z.
I don't feel even a little bit bad for you. I took both kids, at nap time and I was in line for at least a half hour.
ha ha ha I love you T! :)
Post a Comment