11/17/07

I Should Do This More Often

I love sports. I've played sports most of my life. I starting playing tee-ball with the boys when I was in kindergarten and just kept on going, right through college. Of course, I don't play much any more, but every time I play volleyball, softball, basketball, tennis, etc. (which isn't often), I ask myself, why don't I do this more often? I guess the 2 kids under the age of 3 and a husband with 3 jobs and a bishopbric calling might be part of it, but I really need to find some time to get out and just play.

My life still seems to always have something going on that revolves around sports (and that's not just because Jared has ESPN on most of the time.) Since I was 16, the majority of my jobs have revolved around sports and recreation. From being a softball umpire, working at a gym and running youth sports leagues, I have worked around sports.

Most of my church callings have also been sports-oriented. I currently am the region sports director, which includes running volleyball and basketball tournaments for the young women and women of 9 stakes (approximately 24 teams). After 2-3 months of prep work and the past 2 weeks of overusing babysitters and being gone all night, the tournaments are over. I felt that they were a success and that's not just because our women's team won the tournament! I really enjoy being a part of these programs, even though they take me away from my family more than I would like. I guess if I had to choose between this calling and gospel doctrine teacher, I will take the sports calling any day.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I love reading a "Tara" blog! Good job #41!