
I'm sure after you read about our strict disciplinarian stance and the Trunk or Treat you all wondered whether or not Kennedy would even be allowed to celebrate Halloween this year. The answer was a resounding YES! Even if our holiday season didn't get off to the best start, the kids were able to join their friends in the neighborhood in search of adventure and fun size snickers.

Since I took a couple hours off work today, we took advantage of the time to create the family in pumpkin form. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I guess having a bunch of gourds that resemble the clan is a good thing. Our papa pumpkin was definitely carved to match the shaky weekend we had with a 24 hour bug that Tara and I picked up.

After a brief party at my sister's house it was out to the streets for our little duck and witch combo. Tara took the kids out with some of the neighbors and they had a great time begging treats off of kind people around us. I think Kennedy is finally starting to become interested in making a good haul. Last year we quit trick or treating after about 4 houses. This year the kids and Tara made it all the way onto another street. At this rate we'll make it through the entire block by next year! I can't say I'm upset at the limited number of requests though. We have enough candy to last through Christmas.

I think everyone had a good time with this Halloween. The kids liked their costumes (even if Alex had a "hand me down" from two years ago), Tara and I were able to socialize with friends and family, and, most importantly, there were plenty of leftovers from our Trick or Treat bowl! Happy Halloween Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment