10/21/07

Diary of a Red Sox Fan

All I can say is unbelievable!!! After the Red Sox offensive disappeared in games 3 & 4 in Cleveland I thought the series was over. 65 times a team had led a best of seven series in MLB history, 55 times they had won the series. I can honestly say that I gave Boston less than a 10% chance to come back against Cleveland (and that's only because of 2004). The Red Sox looked finished. I really thought that I had jinxed the team with my declaration that I would attend the World Series when the Sox played the Rockies. Everything was against Boston.

Still, game 5 was all Josh Beckett. The Indians barely got any hits after the first inning and the Sox won 7-1. The odds were looked in our favor. With Schilling pitching game 6 and the home crowd cheering on the struggling hitters the Red Sox pounded the Tribe 12-2. I even thought I could switch the Karma by attending Stake Conference instead of watching the game. Brilliant move on our parts. When we left it was 4-1 Boston and by the time we got home it was 10-1.

Last night was game 7 and it all came down to Dice K. All season long he has been a source of frustration to Red Sox fans. Immmensely talented, but terribly inconsistent his record certainly didn't warrant the $100 million Boston shelled out to get him. I'm not going to say he earned all his money last night, but he managed to get out of the 5th inning with a one run lead. The game was intense with the Sox clinging to that lead into the bottom of the 7th. Cleveland had multiple chances to tie the game or take the lead, but it was to no avail. Finally, Boston broke through on the bat of Dustin Pedroia. In the final two innings he would have a homer and a double with 5 rbi's. What was a 3-2 lead turned into an 11-2 rout. The Sox are back in the World Series!! Now if I can only get tickets to Coors Field and game 3. Wish me luck they go on sell tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Boo Red Sock Bullies.

Signed,
An Indians Fan