10/26/07

Diary of a Red Sox Fan


As much tension and pressure as I felt during the series with the Indians, that's how comfortable and relaxed I am in the series with the Rockies. I don't know what it is, but the Sox really seem to have an edge in this matchup. Over the first two games Boston has outscored Colorado 15 -2 and they hold a commanding 2-0 lead in the World Series. Even if our attempts to get tickets to game 3 didn't really work out (we'll be watching on T.V. ) I have a good sense that the Red Sox may be finishing off this series in 5 or 6 games. It's a little weird to have the team we've watched so long on the verge of winning it all. After so many years of frustration, I don't know how to handle the idea of the Sox winning 2 titles in 4 years. The last championship kinda snuck up on everyone after the Yankees comeback, but this year it's been a slow and steady ride to the top. All I know is that if Boston keeps playing the way they have over the past week, we'll be watching a parade going right down Yawkee Way in a couple of days. Let's go Red Sox.

1 comment:

Ross said...

Conngratulations - your team is the new Evil Empire!

They were much more interesting as underdogs.

I wonder how many teams had payrolls less than the Matsuzaka 'right to negotiate' fee.