As part of my duties in the Bishopric every Tuesday night we go out visiting members of the Ward. Since a large portion of our population is over 60, a good number of our visits are to older singles. I think it's great to go out and visit those who spend the better portion of their days alone. Still, there are times when I don't have a lot to contribute to the conversation on these visits. Take last night for example. We visited three older sisters and the talk centered around aging and illness. This isn't uncommon for our visits, but it was particularly obvious this time. After we left our final appointment I thought I should make a list of the various ailments we discussed during our three and half hours of visiting. In no particular order:
- Shingles
- Knee Replacement
- Brain Surgery
- Adjusting a Shunt
- Open Wounds
- Bifocals
- Trifocals (You knew it was coming)
- Support Hose
- Thyroid Abnormalities
- Hair Loss
- Loss of Balance
- Loss of Appetite
- Lack of Circulation
- Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- Strokes
- Old Age
All in all a pretty standard evening when you make house calls.
1 comment:
Jared - I absolutely love reading your blog! :)
Post a Comment