
For the past few years Austin has been quite the actor. In fact I think he's been in about 4 local plays. As much as we've wanted to go to every play he's been in, something's happened each time and we've never made it. Until Friday that is. Tara and Kennedy went to see Aladdin, with Austin playing the role of the Genie. I can't think of a better part for him. Kennedy absolutely loved the play! She sat mesmerized for the entire hour and a half. When it was over she couldn't wait to go up and congratulate her cousin on a job well done.
While Tara and Kennedy were at the play, Alex and I were at Grandma and Grandpa Houtz' house holding down the fort. Alex is too young to try and take to a play and rather than stand around in the hallway I volunteered to stay back and watch him. Of course, it didn't hurt matters that the Red Sox and the Utes were both playing Friday night. The last time I wrote about both teams playing on the same day it didn't go very well, but this time it was totally different. The Utes won 44-35 and their offense really showed up. It was great because no one was giving the Utes a chance against Louisville, who started the season in the top ten. Needless to say the Utes tend to step it up against the national opponents, too bad they can't do the same against the local teams.
The Red Sox game was a real nail bitter, with the score deadlocked at three for much of the game. Now that it's the playoffs it seems as though everything is magnified and with each passing inning the tension increased. Tara and Kennedy came back during the 8th inning and everyone was ready to head up to the cabin for the night. I knew I couldn't leave with the game tied. I asked someone to leave me a car and I would be up as soon as the game ended. It didn't take long to make good on my promise. With two out and two on in the bottom of the 9th Manny Ramirez ended things with one swing of the bat...
No comments:
Post a Comment