It had been a year and a half since we last held the Amazing Race in the Jordan School District (JSD), and that's a year too long. This is one of my favorite parts of working at UEN - I love getting out and having fun with teachers. The JSD is full of wonderful teachers and I've really enjoyed setting up these GPS obstacle courses for them. Today we went even further with the challenges and the course to the enjoyment of all involved.
Each team was assigned a country to represent during the race so when they reached Momentum and the rock wall the challenge was simple: climb the wall to retrieve your country's flag and the next coordinate. It was a blast! Teams were able to bond and build memories through this great challenge of endurance and determination. It was incredible to watch some of the teams as their member struggled to reach the summit and grab the flag. It was the highlight of the day. Of course I had to go up the wall since I was there. It was a lot harder than I thought - my forearms are pretty sore...What a great day to be involved with teachers and technology. Everyone had fun, they learned some new things about their town, they got to use GPS units in some exciting ways, and the schools bonded in a unique and memorable way. I can't wait for the next Amazing Race!
1 comment:
Oh, how I wished that I could have been there. I hope that next year I will be invovled again.
Post a Comment