10/27/07

Overnighter

With all of our attempts to get Denver gone by the wayside, Tara and I decided to take advantage of some extra babysitters - my mom and dad are still in town - and head to the hills. As you may recall our 10th Anniversary came and went without much notice, so this was our chance to get away. So, we went to a movie (Dan in Real Life - great film if you get the opportunity), ate at a restaurant (since we've had kids if there wasn't takeout we didn't go), and rented a room (the Mountain Retreat at Snowbird - Board, Breakfast and a Tram ride, not bad for $116).

We had a lot of fun. It's rare to get away, even if it's only for a night and we're only 20 minutes from home - it was great. To be honest we didn't even do that much, I think I fell asleep by 10:30. Still, both of us recharged the batteries and realized that we can still have fun on our own. Not bad for a couple of 30Somethings...

No comments: