9/20/07

10 Years Together

I know that anniversaries are supposed to be these really big deals where the world stops and a couple can celebrate their love, but it never seems to work that way. Yesterday was our 10th anniversary and it seemed like everything wore Tara and me out to the point that all we wanted to do was go to sleep.

I started the day teaching at BYU and ended it teaching the U. Both were great classes, but by the time I got home I'd been at work for about 15 hours and I was spent. Tara didn't get any break as well. She watched our kids and a neighbor all day and when I walked through the door I could tell she was done as well.

Long story - short. We didn't do anything to celebrate our 10th anniversary. No presents, no vacations, no - anything else people do on their anniversaries. The sad thing is I don't think either of us feel badly about the way the day turned out. Sure, it would have been nice to go away together or to buy one another a nice present, but we're not really in the position to do those things right now. We were comfortable with a simple dinner and the chance to have a couple of moments to relax after a long day.

The Honeymoon


Ten Years Later

2 comments:

Annie said...

Congratulations on 10 years! That's great. Sometimes, being married for 10 years seems like it's a lifetime away and will never happen.

Here's to another 40, then you're really going to need to celebrate.

Patty said...

Happy Anniversary you two good looking kids! I love the top picture - T in her bare feet and Jared in his huge boots! ha ha ha You guys are great! I look forward to reading your blog for 40+ years! :)