I guess Manti has officially become our temple. We were married there, we've been sealed to our children there, and now we've gone a Ward Temple trip there. For the third straight year the Cottonwood 4th Ward has taken our act on the road. It's been a lot of fun for the Bishopric to plan these little excursions and I think the members have really enjoyed the trips as well.
I think one of the best parts of the trip each year is the bus ride. I know that I'm a big advocate of mass transit, but it's so relaxing to hop aboard a bus and let someone else worry about how we get there. I can sit back and listen to my iPod or talk to my neighbors. Yesterday I did a little of both. The audio for the day came from the recorded copy of Giving, by Bill Clinton. I didn't get very far into the book, but I like what I've listened to so far. The rest of trip was engaging conversation about religion, politics, and sports - what could better?After trips to Vernal, Logan, and Manti I guess the question needs to be asked - where do we go from here? My idea is to head North to the Idaho Falls Temple, but we'll have to see if we can get the budget for a trip to the Laie Hawaiian Temple.....
No comments:
Post a Comment