I'll admit that I didn't think the Utes would beat UCLA last week, but I was blown over by the comments Jared sent me in an email earlier. It seems that Cougar fan was brimming with confidence about their team and the message boards on the Internet displayed their zeal too well.(Note these were all prior to games on Saturday)
A sampling of comments from last week:
The Yewts are horrible...the Urban era was all you have ever had and
will have...face it! BYU rules collegiate sports in the state of
Utah!!!!
The school formerly known as Utah or "BYU lite" will not win this
weekend.
Since the Utes have no shot at running the ball on the Bruins, its
gonna be up to Grady to move the ball on offense... in other words,
the U better win at UNLV or they will start 0-4
I agree that UCLA is beatable.
But not by the Utes!
Get real Utah. Your season is OVER. You'll be lucky to win half of
your remaining schedule.
pretty much agree with everyone else, it sucks to be a u fan.
It really sucks.
I mean the u has the chance to be the suckiest bunch of sucks that
ever sucked.
The Utes are where they like to be. Great in their minds and stinkin
on the field.
UCLA will crush you... but good luck with the positive attitude!
What does it mean to be a true fan? Does it entail writing off your
team through the tough times? Should a true Ute fan only show up only
when the team is spouting sucess (i.e. Fiesta Bowl)? COME ON PEOPLE!!!
I understand that there are a bunch of Zoobies pretending to be Ute
fans in this comments section. They are trying to degrade our team and
bring us down. Let's come out and show our support for our Ute team on
Saturday and quit bickering about Ludwig, the offense, Wit, etc. I
don't think the team needs bickering right now. They need our true
support next game and for the rest of this struggling season.
Didn't the Meyer years and the year after produce the best recruiting
classes in Utah history? They should be a solid 2 deep team. Wish that
they were better this year. Its going to be embarassing for the state
and the conference this Sat and in Oct.
Ben Olson is going to light you up, he still has blue in him, can't
wait for that thrashing. I'd almost drive 10 hours just to see it in
person.
BYU will have +200 yards rushing. BYU's defense will weaken the Golden
Hurricane to a tropical depression. BYU wins 35-17.
This game will have some remarkable similarities to the Arizona game.
BYU's defense will dominate until Tulsa scores a flurry of points at
the end of the game. This won't matter because BYU will already have
controlled the line of scrimmage, the running game, and had several
key pass receptions (I'm seeing Collie and George starring in this
role in this game). BYU will struggle (again) in the kicking game.
However, the final score on Saturday night will be BYU 32 Tulsa 21.
(Stan you may refer to me as "the Swami" and Brian and all other
naysayers will refer to me as "Mr. Nostradamus". Thank You.
Brian, you're clueless. It won't be a high-scoring game- it's too hard
to score on BYU's defense. We gave up 7 points to UA and 20 offensive
points to UCLA, who both have superior athletes to Tulsa's. The ONLY
way Tulsa has a chance to win is by winning the turnover battle. If
the Coogers commit 3 turnovers again this week like last and Tulsa
plays mistake-free ball, I'd give you a chance. Otherwise, this is a
blowout.
I am a big Utah fan and I really dislike the team down south....but I
have to say go Cougs! We are suffering here in SLC and BYU can't lose
to a mid-major non-conference team. Beat the crap out of Tulsa.
If you bet like that in Wendover you'll come back broke. The Cougs
will win this game by three TDs. "Our" offense is just getting started
and this could be the breakout game. The Utes are a lost cause this
season, even when Johnson (who isn't that good) gets back in the game.
It'll be a miracle if he can last through the UNLV game. The Cougs
will run all over Tulsa's defense and the short pass will come up huge
for "us".
Last week was an awesome game. I wish we had won but I predict the
Coogers will go undeafeted the rest of the season. GO Coogers!!!!!!
Byu will win by at least 14. Their defense is too good for Tulsa to
score more than 21.
I so want to spend time and write an articulate and intelligent
comment, but why when 90% of what is written in response to this
article is moronic, stupid, or completely off subject.
No, I won't waste my time. For the 90% of you who have no clue, spare
the rest of us and go back to the UtahUte website and waste their
time, since obviously, you write as well as they play.
BYU made a good Arizona team look bad.
BYU could have beat UCLA, easily a top 10 team in the Rose Bowl.
Tulsa beat Bo Didly tech . . .
Tulsa will not be able to handle BYU's defense, and BYU's offense will
continue to improve.
Based on the fact the game is being played in Tulsa, I'll give them 3
extra points . . . final score, Tulsa - 10, BYU - 30.
Even when everything looks bleak as a Ute Fan you have a day like Saturday to make the world seem right. In case you don't follow sports the final scores on Saturday were UTAH 44 UCLA 6, Tulsa 55 byu 47. This leaves both teams at 1-2 for the season. Cougar fans kill me.
No comments:
Post a Comment