
Are there really any guarantees in life? My anniversary was yesterday - a wonderful 9 years - and so everyone at work asked what we did to celebrate. Of course we went out to dinner and enjoyed a nice evening alone. The next question was whether or not we were able to get a little "alone time" later in the evening. I didn't respond to that question, but it brought up the issue of guaranteed days in the year where couples should spend some "private time" with one another. After some deliberation it was decided that there are 5 days a year where a "time to be friendly" guarantee should be enforced. Here's my list:
- Anniversary
- Valentine's Day
- His Birthday
- Her Birthday
- New Year's Eve (is there a better way to ring in the New Year?)
There were a few other suggestions by the folks at work, but I wasn't sure that I wanted to include Fathers Day, Mothers Day (wouldn't some consider that to be a day of rest), President's Day, or International Speak like a Pirate Day on my list. What about you, are there any guarantees in your life?
4 comments:
I'm thinking that Christmas would be a good guarantee, most people are pretty tired so it would be a quickie.
Disclaimer: I can't beleive I am actually responding to this post.
My list:
-Anybody's Birthday
-Hotel Rooms
-Foreign Countries
-After Sunday meetings but before church
-Whenever the mood strikes, but not in public.
I don't know if I'm going to respond to the guarantee part since my husband spent his 9th wedding anniversary last month out in the desert with YOU Jared! Later that night, we went to a neighborhood party and went "home" to his parents' basement - no guarantees there.
When you've been married 9 years and have 2 kids, you do have to schedule in a guarantee here and there for sure.
Happy 9th Anniversary though!
Actually, this was always a big topic of conversation at Christensen Heating and Air Conditioning. Your five days are about what we came up with. Needless to say, whenever it was anybody's birthday, that person was subject to relentless teasing.
Post a Comment