
On Monday, I had the opportunity to go see the flags in Sandy that represent all the men and women who died in the terrorist attacks and those who gave their lives while trying to save others. I was quite emotional during our visit to the flags. I went with my sister Charlene and Kennedy and Alex. We started out by walking through the flags that represented all of the soldiers from Utah that had died fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq. Each flag had a picture of the soldier, where they were from and the date they died. In the middle of the flags was a gun propped up with boots and a helmet on top. This really struck me hard. I couldn't stop thinking about these people that gave their lives for our freedom. We continued to walk through the approximately 3000 flags on display. They seemed to go on forever. It really hit me how many people lost their lives on 9/11. It seems that our world has changed forever because of this one event. I hope that we can return to normal again someday-whatever normal is.
No comments:
Post a Comment