9/25/06

Good Job Mommy!


Yesterday was one of those rare instances where you can truly enjoy the innocence of a child. For the past month or so we've been working with Kennedy at using the potty. For her, the potty has become a bit of an obsession. She wants to talk about it, to sit on it, and to watch others sit on it (one of the secrets no one tells you before having kids!). While we were at Sacrament Meeting yesterday Tara took advantage of the fact that I was sitting with the family to sneak away for a restroom break. I didn't think anything of the fact that Kennedy wanted to know where Mommy went.

"She went to the Potty," I replied as we continued to play with the toy giraffe she had in her hands. Moments later I realized the error of providing too much information. As Tara came back into the chapel Kennedy spotted her. Immediately she stood up and loudly proclaimed:

"Good job Mommy! You used the potty! Good job!"

You can only imagine the color of Tara's face as she returned to the family Pugh. Everyone in our section was laughing as Kennedy gave her mommy a congratulatory hug. While fighting back the tears the man in front of us turned to me and said,

"Does Tara need a treat for her potty reward?"

That was it. I had to bury my head in my lap as I laughed for the next two minutes. You've got to love kids!!!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Congratulations Tara! Nothing like a successful potty run.