
Over the weekend our ward went on the annual temple excursion. This year we packed up the troops and headed north to the Logan temple. I've never been inside the Logan temple, so I was pretty excited to see it. The only other time I've even been on the grounds was two years ago at Youth Conference where we worked at cleaning and painting the iron fence. Needless to say this was a little better experience.
I learned a few things on our trip to Vernal, so this year I made a list of do's and don'ts.
- Do not play any outside music!
- Do bring your Ipod and listen to your heart's content.
- Do not sit in the vicinity of the widows (a bit too demanding).
- Do sit near the back of the bus where you can stretch your legs.
- Do not wear your suit coat on the bus.
- Do not eat too much at the Golden Corral - it's a long ride when you're uncomfortable.
- Do find a group to talk with and learn something from the members of the Ward.
It was a great experience to go the temple. Tara and I are always glad to spend a relaxing day with the ward and to enjoy the feelings of the temple. We really have some great people in our ward. It's always nice to spend time with them on days other than Sunday. It gives you such a different perspective and you get to see such fun sides to people. We had a great time in Logan and can't wait until next year when we go to Manti!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment