9/6/06

Houtz Family Reunion


The Covili family spent Labor Day in the small town of Torrey, hanging out with my family and enjoying one last summer vacation.
Kennnedy had a blast playing with her cousins and all the toys. Alex did what he always does-sleep! Jared and I spent Saturday conquering the Cottonwood Wash. I know that Jared already talked about the Cottonwood Wash hike, but I have to talk a little about it. My brother Alan has a knack of finding great hikes in Utah and this was another one. We had so much fun. It was great to be with my family and work together to figure out how to conquer the bouldering and the crevices in the wash. We also had a couple of chilly swims in the wash. We didn't quite make it to the end of the hike since it was getting late and a few of us had kids that were being watched by family members. I would say that this was the highlight of the camping trip. Jared and I both enjoy this kind of technical hiking and I hope we get to do more of it in the future. We spent some fun time after the hike playing grass games and participating in the Houtz Olympics. I don't want to brag but I think I came in first place.

Sunday was spent going to church, relaxing and doing a little geocaching. We didn't find many caches, but we saw some beautiful terrain and tested out Alan's new truck on a pretty hairy 4 x 4 road. It passed with flying colors. On Monday, we took Kennedy swimming and had some last minute fun before we had to leave. We took the long way home through Emery and Price and spent some time geocaching. All in all, the Houtz family reunion was a success. We all had fun. The sad thing is that I think that our family is getting so big that we won't be able to get together like this much longer. We will enjoy it while it lasts.

1 comment:

Angee said...

I finally get to read a post by Tara, cool. Sounds like you guys had tons of fun. I'm a little jealous.

So glad I got to meet Alex! He's awesome and I could feel his cute little spirit in the short time I was with him. Thanks for letting me hold the cute little bugger. See you soon!