For my part of the reunion I've made a 4th Ward at 50 video. Here's a sneak peak. Enjoy!
9/12/06
Getting Ready
For the past few months the bishopric has been preparing for the ward's 50th anniversary. It's been fun to see all the older members getting excited as the reminisce about the good ol' days. As someone who grew up in the ward I knew several of the names being mentioned, even if I didn't really know the people themselves. Earlier today we had four former bishops of the ward speak. It was neat to hear from all of them, but my favorite was Bishop Mac Bay. He was the bishop of the ward in the early 60's when they constructed the chapel as a ward. It was so inspiring to listen to him tell of the effort and sacrifice of the members during those 7 months. To look out and see several of the older members weep as he mentioned them by name will be a lasting memory. It's a great legacy to be part of the Cottonwood 4th Ward and I can't wait for the reunion this Saturday!
For my part of the reunion I've made a 4th Ward at 50 video. Here's a sneak peak. Enjoy!
For my part of the reunion I've made a 4th Ward at 50 video. Here's a sneak peak. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment