
Alex the Duck had a quacking good time at the annual Trunk or Treat earlier tonight. I love any event that allows us (the Mormons) to open our doors to everyone in the neighborhood to just be friends. There are too many walls which divide our streets and the best way to break those down is our kids. And everyone loves the Trunk or Treat - who wouldn't? Tons of candy, dressing up early, games, and a free meal - sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
Unfortunately, not everyone had a chance to participate in the festivities. Kennedy wasn't invited to the Trunk of Treat this year. No, she's not on the banned from the 4th Ward list - note, this list does not exist, at least I've never seen it. If you look closely at the picture of Alex you'll quickly see why Kennedy didn't make the event. I guess on Monday she decided to go Catwoman on Alex's little face and she needed to have a consequence. Timeout just wasn't enough. It almost killed us to tell Kennedy that Alex and I would go to the Trunk of Treat and she would have to stay home with Mommy. Just imagine the wailing on that one. Still, I think Tara got the Ward's vote for parent of the year when they saw Alex and learned why they didn't see Kennedy.
1 comment:
Tara gets mom of the year for staying home with the very unhappy kid. Oh, and for being incredibly awesome. Can't wait for the cabin!
Post a Comment