
Since I lasted posted about the Sox they've polished off the Angels in a 3-0 sweep and already won game one against the Cleveland Indians. That's right I did say the Indians. As much as everyone wanted to see a yankees / Red Sox ALCS I am extremely happy to see the Indians in the visitors' dugout. I think we're the team to beat, but it's a good thing to know that ny won't even have a chance against us this year.
The Sox are on fire right now. Four straight wins and the pitching has been dominant. Both Beckett and Schilling didn't allow a run in the first round and Dice K only gave up 3 in his start (this is a huge improvement from his 8+ ERA in September). As good as the pitching has been, the real story of the playoffs is Manny and Papi. Through the first four games the Dynamic Duo has been up 36 times and they've reached based on 29 of those appearances! They're hitting .632 with four home runs (two each), nine RBI, 15 walks, and 12 runs scored. Where were those numbers Jeter and ARod?!
There's still a lot of series left, but the Sox have a good chance to return to the World Series. I don't want to jinx it, but if the Sox and Rockies make the Series I'm finding a way to Denver for game 3. It's still early, but you never know. Let's go Red Sox!
1 comment:
You know, Phoenix is not much farther than Denver. Perhaps you and Tara could celebrate that anniversary after all. :)
Post a Comment