There are a select group of people who ride the bus everyday - we are the "Busers", "Bus Folk", "Bus Freaks", etc. We are a comfortable social group who like to read books, listen to music, and avoid eye contact with any other "Bus Freak". Normally, there aren't any issues which upset our little world of isolated transportation. However, on snowy days we have another group of people who show up on the bus, they're called "Wusses." Since, they don't normally ride the bus, they upset our established dynamic and force everyone into uncomfortable travel. Here's how:1. They make the buses run late. It's not bad enough that the weather already slows us down, they slow the buses down. They don't know where there stops are, they forget when they pay, they are slow getting on and off the bus. Yesterday, the bus was 45 minutes late picking us up and the U.
2. They take up extra seats. A "Bus Freak" knows how to make room so that more people can fit onto the bus. "Wusses" are only concerned with themselves and their problems. Yesterday, I was forced to stand in the isle on over half the trip home until a good percentage of "Wusses" left the bus.
3. They talk to you. A "Wuss" always wants you to know all about themselves and why they are riding the bus that day. "Bus Freaks" don't talk to one another on the bus. We simply try to get from place to place as quickly as possible and with the least amount of human interaction. I almost never talk with anyone on the bus and yesterday I was annoyed by two separate "Wusses."
It has cleared off today and I hope that gets rid of the "Wusses" I rode home with yesterday. It's bad enough that you are outside in the snow and 20 degree temperatures. It's even worse when riding home with "Wusses" makes me want to walk home instead. Can't you leave a "Bus Freak" alone?!?!?!?
1 comment:
When did you start riding the bus? That hasn't happened since back in the days of undergraduate life. And what about your social butterfly personality? I am highly skeptical of this post.
Post a Comment