12/12/05

Gift Fight at the Desert Edge


We had our big company Christmas party earlier today at the Desert Edge restaurant. There are times when you think, "Oh no, not another boring company party." However, the Gift Fight always brings a smile at the end of the year. Each Christmas our department has everyone bring a White Elephant that can be shared as part of the Gift Fight. The rules are simple: take a present from the pile or take a present from someone else. Once a gift has been taken, it's officially dead.

Once Michelle opened her present I knew that I had my prize. A fun little tie-dyed star pillow that would be perfect for Kennedy. So, I waited patiently since, with number 8, I would be one of the last people to make a selection. 11, 10, each person took a new present from the pile. With number 9 finally up, I was on deck. Of course, what do you think he did. The pillow was now dead and I would have to draw from the pile. I selected a Medieval Knight Light (a nite light shaped like a medieval knight - clever). A perfect present for the Middle Ages Enthusiast who has everything. Someone took that from me, I don't know why, and I went back to pile to select from the last few presents. It came down to a small package, which looked like it may be a toy or a large bag (possible candle or ceramic snowman). I decided to take the small package and it was ..... a pocket calculator. The large bag contained.... The Best of Will Farrell on SNL. There is no justice when involved in a gift fight.

1 comment:

Annie said...

the magic 8 ball could have told you, that you would end up with the calculator. duh!