12/25/05

Merry Christmas


After all the hustle and bustle of Christmas Eve, today turned out to be quite low key. Kennedy is still too young to get into the "wake up at 5 am to see if Santa came" routine yet, so we woke up about 8:00 and spent the next little while helping Kennedy open her presents. If you tear the wrapping paper a little bit, Kennedy is pretty good about finishing the job. It's funny though cause I think Kennedy is just as interesting in the paper as she is in the present intitally. Once you take a minute to show her how cool the new toy is she'll jump in and start playing, but with so many new toys it was a little bit of sensory overload for Kennedy. Among her favorite new toys were: 2 Baby Einstein videos, a pop up ball toy, a play phone, a duck that quacks, and a book about bees (she likes to make a bzzz sound).

We went to Church around 12:30 (I don't know how this happened, but I was lucky enough to speak and Tara said the opening prayer) and afterwards Kennedy went down for a two hour nap. Good thing she slept so long because the rest of the night was spent over at Alicia's house for another round of presents and a wonderful Christmas dinner. I guess I should mention that Kennedy's all time favorite toy from yesterday wasn't even hers. Alicia and Evan gave their kids a miniture Jeep that Kennedy wouldn't leave alone. She honked the horn, and pretended to steer. She was a real natural behind the wheel. Obviously she doesn't have my distain for driving! I guess we know where we'll be playing for the next several months.

Overall, it was a nice day and a great chance to spend quality time with my family. I think it will be even better next year when Kennedy starts to understand the whole Santa Claus thing, I know I am looking forward to helping her with a plate of cookies for Santa! Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments: