12/16/05

Going to Hell

Yesterday morning I got a phone call from Tara that dramatically changed my life forever (or at least for the weekend). It seems that Brant found 8 tickets to the U2 concert for Saturday night. I have two problems with attending the concert: 1) Each ticket costs $80 and we're broke! 2) My mom's big Thomas Clan Christmas party is on Saturday night. What a moral dilemna! Dare I spend all the remaining money from our tax return on the tickets? Will I be able to stand having my mom hate me from skipping her party?

After weighing all the issues, Tara came up with an interesting solution: She would send me to the U2 concert with Brant and she would attend my family party without me (Talk about taking one for the team!!!!) How could I go to a concert and send my wife to a family party without me? Come on, I have a soul!!! Well, maybe not. I may be going to hell, but at least I'm going there after watching U2 on Saturday!

4 comments:

Annie said...

jared, I have to say that you are probablly going to hell and tara is a saint. A very interesting combination for sure.

chappo said...

Well at least you have your priorities straight. Family is always there, but U2, now that is only a once a decade item. But as for going to Hell, perhaps Grace can save you. You were already on that path, With or Without U2. Just don't get Stuck in the Moment or you might get Vertigo.

Bryan said...

I'll be right there with you Jared.

miche said...

Jared, You simply cannot pass up an opportunity to see U2 - especially for 80 bucks! That sounds like a bargain to me after I shopped for tickets costing hundreds of dollars for the worst seats ever and your life savings for a glimpse at the band. Unfortuantely, my friend backed out on me, so I did not make it to their last show here in Boston - I'm totally jealous and I'm very very glad that you're going. You MUST see the "real" U2 - just remember to shed a tear for me at the concert when the lights turn red and they start playing "Where the Streets Have No Name".