12/10/05

Customer Service?


Last night Tara, Kennedy, and I went to Circuit City to purchase two items: a digital camcorder (for Kennedy's first birthday) and a printer (our's died last week). I had been looking around online for the best deals and C.C. had some pretty good prices on each item.

After looking at the items, we were ready to make our purchases. Only one problem, the price at the store was more expensive than it was online. I mentioned this to a clerk who promptly told me that the prices online were "Web Only" specials. I informed him that I was here and ready to make the purchase, if I got the online price. "Sorry, you'll need to go home and order the items online and then come back to pick them up." Is there some type of customer service logic that I'm missing here. I always assumed that when you have a customer in front of you, with cash in hand, ready for a purchase - you do everything you can to make it happen. Sending me home generally equals LOSS OF SALE.

So, we went home and I started looking at every other company I could think of to buy the same items. Unfortunately, C.C. still had the best prices, by quite a bit. I went back to their website and ordered the items. Second problem - You have to print the confirmation email to pick up your purchases. Remember now, what was one of my purchases? I was tempted to go back to the store with only the confirmation number to pick up my items and when questioned about the confirmation email say, "How can I print a confirmation email, when I'm buying a printer?" I decided that this would result in a brain hemorrhage for the 19-year-old GED grad at the counter, so I saved myself the hassle and printed the confirmation email next door.

I don't know why I'm telling you all of this, but now you know why I hate shopping so much!

1 comment:

Annie said...

good story jared. sorry that there are such braineacks working at the cc. i hope you enjoy your printer. ;)