11/2/10

I Voted

Every year I go through a ritual on the first Tuesday of November.  I read all the different positions, find out about each of the candidates, and listen to all of the various arguments.  Then I proceed to the ballot box and pick all of the losers.  I can't say I'm shocked by the results when I watch the news later that evening.  I usually pick the Democrats and, in this state, that means I pick the losers.

Oh sure.  An occasional Jim Matheson gets elected.  Or maybe even Pat Jones in the State Senate.  But generally, my vote is really just an exercise in my civic duty and not a meaningful chance to make a difference in the way things are.

I'm sure Peter Corroon will lose for Governor.  I'm positive that Sam Granato won't be going to the Senate (Is it just me or is it saying something that Utah Republicans got rid of Bob Bennett and want to put Mike Lee in office.   That guy is way too over the top for me).  But I can say that I was out there casting my vote for the opposition.  At least it makes me smile that I can cancel out one of my Fox News watching neighbors.....

No comments: