The biggest Sacrament Meeting of the year happened at our Ward today. You guessed it, it was the annual Primary program and both Kennedy and Alex took center stage. Neither of them had a major part, but you wouldn't have known it from all the fan fare in our row. My parents attended the program and we had another group of special guests as Alicia's family showed up to watch the kids. I guess their area was without power and their Sacrament Meeting was cancelled. It was fun to have so much family there to see the kids sing and speak in church.
Alex and Dede did a great job. I know every parent says that, and well, it's true. I think all the kids are fantastic. When I think that these little people will sing and talk in front of a room of adults it's pretty amazing. I really liked the way the program was created by our Primary leaders. Each child was asked to share how they knew the Savior loved them and then they shared their responses. Alex told everyone that he knows Jesus loves him because Jesus loves everyone. Kennedy shared that she knows Jesus loves her because God sent his spirit to be with us. She actually gave a two minute talk about the Holy Ghost as the comforter (ok, so she had a little help). Tara and I couldn't be prouder of these two special kids.
BTW - It wouldn't have been a Primary program without one of the three year olds picking his nose and eating the booger in front of the congregation. Another classic moment!

No comments:
Post a Comment