In Miami.
The score was 51-32 at the half.
Then Paul Millsap happened.
![]() |
| from Yahoo! |
Paul Millsap led a comeback like I've rarely seen from the Jazz. They were getting killed. The Heat looked like the foreordained champs. But Millsap wouldn't quit. At the half he had 13 points, but then everything changed. Millsap caught fire and the Jazz stormed back. By the end of the game Millsap would finish with 46 points, most by a Jazz player since Karl Malone in 1998. Wow!
By the end of the 3rd quarter it was a game again. The Jazz actually took the lead early in the 4th period and from there it was a contest. After erasing a 22 point lead it seemed improbable that the Jazz had anything left in the tank. Down 8 and nearing the end of the game, everything seemed lost. Millsap hit three 3 pointers in the final 30 seconds of regulation and the Jazz tied the score on a buzzer beater put-back from Millsap. He was amazing and may turn into our best scorer this season.
Somehow the Jazz hung around in OT and with .4 seconds left the backup center hit a pair of free throws to give the Jazz the lead. The heat tossed up a desperation miss and that was it. The Jazz had won.
118-116 in Overtime.
I was thinking about great Jazz wins over the years and where this one ranks. I'll say this. During the 4th quarter I got texts from three different people asking me if I was watching the game. Followed up by phone calls from even more people. Everyone was watching and they wanted to share in the victory. If that doesn't tell you this was a big game, I don't know what does.

No comments:
Post a Comment