11/28/09

Venturing into Enemy Territory

I made a vow many years ago that I would never go to another byu football game in Provo. The last time I went to Cougar Stadium was back in 1996. One of my mission companions talked me into a double date, dinner and the game. The Cougs won that night, but the Utes lost in an upset to USU. It was terrible to listen to the crowd go crazy as the score of the Utah game appeared on the scoreboard. Tara was with me that night (we were still dating at that point), and I told her I felt like I was betraying my school by attending a game in Provo.

Today, I am breaking my vow - sort of. I am going to a game in Provo this afternoon, a UTAH game. Okay, so they happen to be playing byu. Still, I'm going there for the Utes - make no doubt about it. A friend from the ward called me up yesterday and offered me a ticket to the game. Even though I don't really want to go back to Provo for a byu game, the chance to see the Utes in the Holy War is something I couldn't pass up.

I will be wearing RED amidst a sea of blue. I think it's only fitting that I finally get the chance to support my team in enemy territory. I think it may just be the only way I can truly exorcise the demons of my youth....


Go UTES!!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

so if the utes lose - we can blame it on you?

Kim said...

Love the pic!!!