11/21/09

Ticket Troubles

About a month ago a couple guys in the ward and I decided to buy tickets to the Utah game this afternoon. Since I work on campus I bought the tickets and waited until this week to firm things up for the game. Over the course of the week, everything fell apart and it looked like I was going to eat the tickets.

Around 4:30 yesterday I got a phone call from Eric and an offer for a 50 yard line ticket. What do you think I did? Duh, so now I had a primo seat for the game. Little did I know I was going to get involved in a huge ticket fiasco. When I got home last night Alicia called and said she had 4 tickets to the game, if I was interested. I wasn't, but I thought I could unload the tickets for her if she wanted. "We'll wait and see," was the reply.

I kinda forgot the whole thing until I got a call this morning asking I still had tickets for the game. I called Alicia and asked if she still had tickets. Yes, but they were in Will Call under Evan's name. No big deal - just call the ticket office and change the name.

Not so easy. The ticket office wouldn't make the change since they weren't the owners of the seats. They said the only options were to have my friend bring in a copy of Evan's drivers license or to call to get Evan's verbal approval while at the ticket office. Unbelievable! Too many tickets, but not in the right name.

Everything appeared to be heading downhill since the options to share the tickets looked impossible. As I went to the game with Eric I told him about my ticket dilemma.

"Let me make a call."

30 seconds later the tickets were switched to my friend. Everyone went to the game and the Utes won 38-7. What a day!

No comments: