Sundays have a very different feel for me these days. My mornings are actually pretty relaxed. Sure, I have an occasional meeting with my new calling, but I can spend most of Sunday morning at home with Tara and the kids. We make breakfast, get ready, and head out for church - all by 11am.
During the block, I have very little to do. The Stake YM Presidency isn't really that involved during those three hours. I can sit in class without worrying about what's coming next. I'm just part of the crowd and I really enjoy the meetings.
The biggest difference between being in the Bishopric and now has got to be sacrament meeting. Before I used to worry about falling asleep during the meeting. I don't have to worry about that any more. Now that I'm in the war zone sleep is the furthest thing from my world. Today I found myself balancing between:
Feeding Dylan
Coloring with Kennedy
Cleaning up the bench
Chasing Alex
Cleaning up the bench
Separating Alex and Dede
Passing out treats
Debating with Alex
Cleaning up the bench
Playing dolls with Kennedy
Bouncing Dylan
Cleaning up the bench
Going out in the hall with Alex
and finally
Cleaning up the bench
I don't know how Tara lasted for 5 years down there alone. I'm exhausted every Sunday, and there's TWO of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment