11/4/09

Local Elections

So, yesterday was the 1st Tuesday of November. Election Day, but this year it didn't quite have the same feeling. Last year I was so excited to vote - I actually cast my ballot two weeks early. This year, no campaigning, no yard signs, no long posts espousing the merits of a particular candidate. Truthfully, we only had two choices on the ballot this year - City Council and Mayor. I guess voting for Dennis Webb isn't the same as voting for Barack Obama.

I don't know what it is about Holladay. I just don't feel involved in any part of this town and this has been my home for most of my life. I guess it's because we were only recently incorporated into Holladay and I still haven't seen any changes that matter to us. The only things my living in Holldady has meant is new street signs and higher taxes.

Still, I know I should have gone to vote yesterday. I just couldn't do it. The only thing I knew about the candidates was how they felt about the Cottonwood Mall project. In the end the mayor was reelected and life seems pretty much the same today.

No comments: