11/15/09

Primary Program

Every year there's one Sacrament Meeting that surpasses all others - not a farewell, not testimony meeting, not Ward Conference. The best meeting of the year is the annual Primary program. Since our family was asked to be in the program we all headed over to the church yesterday for our dress rehearsal. It was fun to watch the kids run through the program and even better since I could snap off a couple pics of Dede singing (that would be a major no-no to do this during the actual meeting).

We showed up today excited for the chance to watch Kennedy sing and to share our little family moment. Things never really work out the way you expect. Just before the program was set to start Kennedy complained that she needed to go "potty". No worries, there was still about ten minutes so off we went. Problem is - she couldn't go. We tried for a few minutes and finally decided to go back to the Chapel.

The program started and Kennedy sang with the rest of the kids. When it was her turn she went up to the mic and proudly shared her lines, "My Daddy strengthens our family by sitting with us in Church (great post bishopric line). I strengthen my family by loving my brothers and helping my mom." Everything was great!

Then I saw Dede walk over to her teacher and ask to go to the "potty". I intercepted her and off we went. Again she couldn't go. We waited, and waited, and cried, and waited. Finally I told Kennedy it wasn't going to happen and we went back in. By this time Dede was so worked up that she didn't want to go back up to the stand and sing. She was done! We tried and tried, but she wouldn't budge.

The program reached our big moment and we went up to the stand so Alex could say his line, and he wouldn't talk. After a quick treat bride Alex declared, "The temple is the house of God." The rest of us shared our gratitude for the temple and how we're an Eternal family. I guess things went pretty well considering the day we were having.

Like I said earlier, the Primary program is one not to miss and I guarantee this was one we'll never forget.

Here's a clip from yesterday's practice:

No comments: