11/14/09

Diary of a Utah Fan

I didn't think we could win this week against TCU. They are a polished team that ranks in the top ten in both offense and defense. They are a veteran team that's been big in big games all year. That being said I didn't think we give up 55 points and have our score doubled.

Jordan Wynn is the right QB for the Utes, but he wasn't ready for this kind of game in first start on the road. Still, that wasn't the problem. The Utes couldn't handle TCU's offense. Every time the Horned Frogs ran the ball Utah's D allowed the runner to pick up 6 or 7 yards. There just wasn't any tackling and when they did hold - there was a penalty.

Let's just say this game came down to one thing - TCU is really good. I figured TCU would beat BYU because of the huge disparity in team speed, but then they did the same thing to Utah. Now that they took care of the Utes, let's cheer them on to the BCS and another example of how good Mountain West football really is.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Great analysis Jared. Frustrating to see them lose the way they did. I was also frustrated with our play calling. It seemed like we reverted back to the play calling we saw two the first 8 weeks of the season when Schram was in the booth calling the plays. We had some nice plays on offense, but just couldn't seem to get things moving. I think the next two weeks are going to be fun.