11/3/09

Halloween

I think Halloween mostly happened without me this year. At my job each of us is required to work a certain number of Saturdays each year. Well, guess who's turn it was? Normally, that wouldn't have been that big of a deal, but it's hard to get psyched up for fun after working 13 of 14 days (especially when we know Sunday isn't much of a day off). Still, I got home around 5pm and was determined to help the kids have a fun day.

Until, I remembered that the Utes were playing at 6pm. Well, one of has to stay home to hand out candy, right? Tara was a trooper and took Kennedy, Alex, and Dylan out for a few trips around the block. We have a few neighbors who really enjoy Halloween and they were nice enough to throw a Trick or Treat party for the kids. Everyone had a great time.

Kennedy and Alex are really getting into trick or treating and they were prepared for a haul. By the time the night was over our princess and biker dude had more candy than they can possibly eat in a month (although I don't think it will take them that long). Our neighbors totally spoil the kids and they take full advantage. Still, it's only once a year so I won't make a big deal out of it.


Dylan wasn't too sure of what to make of the whole night. He enjoyed the treats, but he was ready for bed just after 8pm regardless of how much food was around the house. It was a blast to get D all ready in his scary costume and kinda fun that we didn't use the same duck costume we had for Dede and Alex. One thing's for sure: Dylan is the fattest skeleton you've ever seen.


After the haul everyone came back home and cousins compared who had the biggest pile of goodies. Liam, Chloe, and Quinn joined in the fun and we had a great time watching the kids drink "bathwater" punch and wolf down a few Halloween goodies. My parents were actually in town this year, so it was even more fun to share the day with Nana and Papa.


Overall, it was a good night. Lots of candy, cute costumes, and family always make for a fun celebration. Now, on to the turkey....

1 comment:

Angee said...

I hate to choose favorite costumes, but Alex looks so dang cute as a biker dude, that if I only had one piece of candy left it would have to go to him...